Thursday, May 29, 2008

I want my yoga back!

Saw a doctor yesterday. She asked a million of questions, probed and poked me, and then said helpfully: "I think it is skeleto-muscular" in a tone "you will live". Thank you! Suggested to prescribe stronger pain killers, which I declined. It was not a total waste of time, though, because I got a referral to the lab to have all my CRON bench markers done.
Things are getting slowly better. I slept through the night, there was no stabbing pain every time I moved. Breathing is painless, though sneezing is not. I wonder how I am going to teach two classes tomorrow and one on Sunday. It is time to learn how to teach without demoing, I think. I miss my morning practice!

8 comments:

Arturo said...

Hi Alfia
It may have been you over extended some of the ligaments around the skeleton and that's what made noise, not the skeleton itself. Of course, that would need healing.

SPL says that she doesn't do demonstrations because she has hurt her SI-Joint area. It's enough that you have to be physical in helping adjust people.

Good luck with the biomarkers. My doctor balked at the list I gave her, so I have to negotiate with her every year. In fact, I need to remember that she balks so that I talk in advance with her what she plans to order. Matthew Lake has a list on his blog of what he keeps track of, but when I printed that and showed it to my doctor it was like showing a Ferrari rather than a Ford.
Cheers,
Arturo

Elaina said...

I hope you feel better soon Alfia! I'll be sending good vibes your way :)

LI Ashtangini said...

I'm sorry you cannot practice and that you're in so much pain. Sniffle! :(

alfia said...

Thank you for your support, guys! You are the best! :)

Arturo, my doctor was pretty cool with the biomarkers issue. However in the lab they were scratching their heads for a long time, especially with TNF alpha. They ended up taking four rather large vials of blood from me.

Ursula said...

It will get better. You need patience now. But it won't last. Hope this consoles you a bit.

Best.

Ursula

Rebirth2017 said...

Hi Alfia,
A break may be good even if it is due to injury and pain. I pulled back myself this past week because I have an ever chronic hamstring issue. I just let my body "soften" a little from all the hard work when that darn thing flares up and the relaxing helps a lot.
{{{{Sending you healing vibes}}}}
ABY :)

crankyhausfrau said...

maybe you would still go to a chiropracter? i think it may help, or maybe not :) either way, i think this is something you will recover from quickly, and the yoga will still be there.

alfia said...

Ursula, Aby - thank you! I am feeling your vibes! :)

Hi, Tova! I might see a chiropractor next week. The weekend promises to be a little crazy. :)

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo