Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring Break

I am not as hyper today, as I was yesterday. But still in a very good mood. One of the beautiful girls in the studio told me today that she would never guessed that I had a 21-year old son. How sweet is that? She totally made my day.

My practice was weird today. I did not sleep well at night (lots of dreams about running somewhere and being constantly late), so I was trying to preserve some energy for the backbends. To do that, I was relaxing into each seated pose, really allowing the body to go limp in the places it was not engaging. As a result, I actually fell asleep it Janu B. I did not sleep long, maybe a second or two, then woke up with the start. Isn't it bizarre, though? Never happened to me before.

Still cannot stand up from UD from the floor. But my bench attempts were less strenuous, I think. I am getting there.

My son is coming home for a Spring break tomorrow! I am so excited. Have not seen him since last fall. Luckily, it is going to be also a break in the studio where I teach, and there will be no immunology class next Tuesday. If only I did not have to work. Oh, well, nothing is perfect.
:)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the forward bends for just that reason - you CAN "work" in them, but if you don't want to, you can just surrender there. And it feels lovely.

Have a wonderful time with your son! That is quite awhile in between visits. Where does he live?

alfia said...

He is a sophomore at Caltech. It is in Pasadena, close to LA. Very expensive to fly back and forth to DC :(

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a great school. He must be very bright.

alfia said...

He is OK. It is a great school, though. Only 200 student per class; I think they have more teachers than students there! Oh, and that is why it is so darn expensive! :D

Boodiba said...

It'd have been really funny if you really conked out & started snoring!!! Impressive. I don't think I've ever fallen asleep during practice. :)

alfia said...

I think I can do it! I mean fall asleep and start snoring :D Don't need much, just a quiet place and a comfortable pose.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, supta baddha konasana...

Elise said...

you actually feel asleep? omg that so funny! the back bending stuff does some crazy things. you might want to think about extending the time you spend in finishing postures so that you can cool down. Esp. when people start second series back bends, they get a little crazy!

alfia said...

Hi, Elise:

I do not think it is backbending that does it. I think I need to pack a little more sleep into my night! :)

Arturo said...

hi alfia
part of the problem i'm having is that i'm used to sound sleep from the moment i go to sleep to when the alarm wakes me. lately, noises have been disturbing my deep sleep (the first portion) and when the alarm goes off, i ignore it and go back to sleep. i need to accept that sleep is not going to be perfect and i just need to wake up and go to practice.
cheers,
arturo

Arturo said...

sorry if i'm self medicating in your blog. i just understand your concern about disturbing sleep, because it happens to me, but i think that you're dealing well with it in terms of getting up nevertheless and getting to practice.
cheers
arturo

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo