Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I just want to connect with the Divine in Himalayas

I had a running nose attack this morning. In the middle of the practice – bam, my nose started running. I had to leave the room after each pose just to blow it. Sorry for the disgusting details, but I am just puzzled. It lasted the whole seated sequence and then it stopped. I am at work now and my nose is fine. I am not very prone to allergies, and I do not feel sick. May be the dryness of the air? I barely sweated today, and it was cold outside, somewhere in the low 20oF. I do not really understand how my body works. Because of the stupid nose, the practice itself was so-so, not as bad as yesterday, but not very inspired either.

I was so sleepy and slow yesterday that I left a gazillion items from my calendar not done. Today is going to be a payback time. 28 things to do at work, from small to big, then 6 things to do at home. I do not like my calendar anymore. Wouldn’t it be nice to live in a cave in Himalayas, all day contemplating the union with the Divine? Aaaaah.

OK, enough dreaming, I need to cross out item #1.

I hope everyone has a very nice Tuesday!

9 comments:

Boodiba said...

I'd love to explore the Indian Himalayas. While I was reading Travelers' Tales, before Mysore #1, I'd google for images after each story. In the course of doing that, I found a site of some company that does month long pony treks through the Himalayas...

It'd be a summer trip. Even Lonely Planet says you have to be "insane" or a mountain person to go there any other time. And those mountain passes are only accessible four months of the year.

Unless I get really lucky financially I'll probably never do it, cause it's not a yoga trip, and I generally only travel for yoga.

alfia said...

Hi, Linda:

Nah, I think you might not like it. I lived high in the mountains, and even at the peak of summer it is warm aly at noon. We brushed off the snow from out tents in the morning, then run around in the bathing suits during the day, and had to put on warm clothes and boots in the evening. It's like all four seasons during one day.
With your 4% of body fat you might not survive it! :D

alfia said...

I meant "warm ONLY at noon"

rayna said...

omg, i have the "run away to a cave" fantasy sometimes too. but then i think about a warm beach and swimming in the ocean and the mountains fade away... (^_^)

alfia said...

Hi, Rayna!

I don't even want a beach. I want naked walls of the cave. And a sunrise. And silence. Lots and lots of silence.
Listen, I had the worst SK today in a long, long time. Keith and Aliya can fold me into it so much better than David for some reason! My SK was terrible and now I am having a collar bone pain again. I should just learn to fold into it by myself already!

You've got a new blog! Is it for your relatives?

Boodiba said...

Hmmmm.... I don't know what I weigh OR my body fat. Some dudes chased me around at Crunch once, trying to test me. "No way!" I said. "C'mon you're lean as HELL!" they said.

I'm less than average for sure, but beyond that I don't know.

I still wanna pony trek. But I'd need a chubby man to cuddle up to? :)

alfia said...

Linda, one chubby man might not quite suffice. I would get a couple, just to be on a safe side. :)

Boodiba said...

(to the tune of two turtle doves) Twoooo chubby men, and a partridge in a pear tree!!!

Unknown said...

hi alfia! yep, new blog. it's for my parents so they can see photos of me when i'm pregnant and track my "progress." don't worry, you'll just get to see it all in person!! :-) ha ha.

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo