Sunday, March 2, 2008

I can get no satisfaction

It is such a beautiful day today. Spring is coming, spring is coming!

The shala was customarily packed. There were lots of people whom I never see in the mornings of the work week. I wonder - are these people doing Mysore only on Sunday? Do they practice at home other days?

Practice was OK, not too bad, not great either. Today was one of those days, when I felt good physically, but had trouble concentrating on the practice. On my practice that is, because I was constantly catching myself staring at other peoples asanas and commenting on them in my mind. It wasn’t a judgmental bitching, but rather musings about how good the asana looked or reminding myself to avoid doing this or that. It felt like I was teaching, or something, while practicing myself, with very little self-awareness left. After struggling with my attention, I did win, but only by the finishing sequence. As a result, the practice did not bring deep satisfaction which I feel if it is done harmoniously. Oh, well, there is always tomorrow!

4 comments:

Ursula said...

It's easier to learn from the mistakes of others than from the own mistakes.

Not always, but sometimes I like to look around in classes, too.

Anonymous said...

I am just saying hello!

Our shala is crowded Sunday too.

crankyhausfrau said...

i have to say i enjoyed the crowdedness of AYC on sunday. it didn't seem too bad. i have certainly been in places with tighter quarters. guruji in NYC, now that was cozy!

Unknown said...

oooohhh, i agree with tova. i love the energy on sundays. it gets kind of lonely on weekdays when aliya and i are in there on our own for half our practice.

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo