Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Feeling good

I think the Spring is here. Not because it is warmer. Not because the trees are blooming. Because the shala is packed! People are coming out of the winter hybernation and start preparing for a swim suit season. I even had trouble finding parking at 5:50 in the morning. In addition, I had to move my mat, which usually never happens because I always practice in the least desirable spot - next to the door. Amazing! In spite of minor incoveniences, it is fun to have that many people to practice in the morning. I like it ! :)

I stood up from UD 3.5 times today. That 0.5 time I slightly crashed into the wall and had to sit for a sec, coming back to my senses :D I did it again from the bench, but I hadn't even attempted to stand up from the floor, trying to preserve energy. I was returning from the bench, practically skipping and stupidly grinning from my own backbending awesomeness,when my eye caught a sight of K. in kapotasna. Honest to goodness, I was a very good dristi girl for two days in a row now. It just happened. Her kapotasana was amazing. She was holding it already for a long time (hands on the calves), when David stopped and adjusted her so that she ended up holding her knees. How cool is that? I find it so inspiring when I see people doing something amazing. Aaah...

Lots of work today, plus an immunology class in the evening; no time to do any additional practice today (except for my 45 push-ups). But - it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me - and I'm feeling good!




Happy Tuesday, everyone!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your good mood is contagious and is shining through this post! I am smiling just reading you!

I think it's totally normal to notice cool things that other people are doing from time to time, especially when we're resting. Hey, we're all human.

Happy happy Tuesday to you!

Elaina said...

Alfia,

congrats again on standing!:) You are inspiring me to do it today...we shall see!

Have a beautiful day!

alfia said...

Good morning, Anna and Elaina!

Yep, I feel a little bit like on a bipolar high ... but it is the Spring I think.

Mmmwah! :)

Boodiba said...

Owww!!! We feel good!

La la la la la!!!

Youz working hard & I love everyone!

alfia said...

Hi, Linda! :)

Boodiba said...

Owww!!! :)

:))))

rayna said...

awesomeness!!! (^_^)

plus i LOOOOOVE when the shala is packed. so much energy and warmth!

crankyhausfrau said...

i can't wait to be back there! i also like to be in a packed studio with lots of warmth and energy! i am excited to see your stand-up, too! that has still not lost the excitement for me in my practice. everytime i do it, it is still a rush! Keith called me a backbend junkie!

Anonymous said...

I like them too. They always make me feel incredibly graceful.

alfia said...

When exactly are you coming for good, Tova? I need you. I seems to be running out of friends here. More precisely, my friends seem to be running from me - some to Jordan, some to Mysore. Like there is nothing better to do! :D

alfia said...

I heard many good things about your practice, Anna. Can't wait to see it!

crankyhausfrau said...

Alfia, the plan is to move this summer when the school year ends. i am SOOOO excited!
but i am hoping we will be able to get together when i am there in April!

alfia said...

Cool!
We absolutely have to get together in April! Hopefully Rayna and Alia will join us, too. It is going to be fun! :)

crankyhausfrau said...

hurray!

Anonymous said...

I still want to see the cherry trees. When? When?

alfia said...

I think the official festival is March 29- April 13th. I am going to be in San Francisco March 29- April 1st. After that - I am all yours! Come, visit!

 

View my page on WoYoPracMo